This week’s TMI questions focus on winter as it is the current season in the Northern Hemisphere. Here in Australia it is the middle of summer. In addition our winters never equal those of most Norther Hemisphere countries so I have decided to change the questions to suit my local climate.
As always make sure you visit the TMI Tuesday page to check out other confessions!
1. Where you live what is the current season? As I said above it is Summer here in Australia which means long hot days. Brisbane, where I live is in the sub tropics so we have relatively high humidity and a lot of rain at this time of the year as well. The rain often comes in the form of thunderstorms but sometimes we have monsoonal type downpours.
2. Do you measure/report the weather temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit? Definitely Celsius. I have a rudimentary understanding of the conversion between Fahrenheit and Celsius but I every time I have to convert between the two I have to look up how to do it.
3. Describe your ideal day of weather? I was born in the sub tropics and so I have lived in a relatively warm climate all my life. I simply cannot go for days and days without sunshine and I really don’t like winter. It isn’t that I feel the cold particularly but I just hate having to wear extra clothing to keep warm. For me a perfect day is nice and sunny with a maximum or around 25 Celsius a slight breeze and a night time temperature of around 18 degrees.
4. When it is hot outside I want to:
- a. Lie naked on the tile floor.
- b. Slap on sunscreen and hit the beach.
- c. Lie around under the air conditioning drinking cold drinks and complaining about how hot it is,
- d. I do not pay attention to the weather.
I would answer with a combination of a. And b. Although I would prefer the pool in my backyard to the beach. Although I am considerate of my teenage children’s sensibilities and don’t parade naked around the house I do like to wear as little as possible when it is hot.
5. Do you go “commando” in cold weather or in winter or in summer when it is hot? I would say that for men commando in the summer is probably something some of them prefer but for me personally I don’t especially like commando any time. Even though Mr Jones prefers women not wearing underwear It is something I don’t normally do. I am not sure why but I just prefer to have my underwear on.
6. For 10,000 USD Would you rather mow the lawn in 37 degrees C heat or sit your bare ass on the vinyl seat of a car that has been parked in the sun for three hours? I would rather mow the lawn. We live on 1.5 acres and so we own a ride on mower which makes life much easier but I have been known to mow sections of this lawn in the heat with a push along mower. Have you ever sat your butt on the seat of a car parked in the sun? It hurts like hell!
7. What is your favorite piece of summer clothing? My bikini top and my short shorts or a sarong. Comfortable, loose and sexy all in one.
8. Have you ever worn Long Johns aka long underwear or thermal underwear? Yes, the one and only time I went skiing. Like all things related to cold weather, including ice skating, skiing and I did not get along that well. It isn’t something I have on my list of must dos any time in my future.
Bonus: Do you have more or less sex in the Summer months vs. other times of year? Queenslanders as a rule tend to hibernate a bit during the winter. We do most of our socialising in the summer, partly because that is when Christmas and the party season happens and partly because we all like warmth much more than cold. When it comes to having sex I would probably say my sex life in the warmer months tends to be a bit more exciting. Even on really sweaty days. When it is warm there are things like swimming pools, beaches and other outdoor locations that can get very sexed up and you don’t have to hide under the blankets to keep from freezing.